Many cities put on home shows every spring and summer. These events offer a great way to meet several different Realtors at once.
If you are buying your first home, attend a First Time Homebuyer’s course. Realtors act as guest speakers for these, and you will learn a lot about the ins and outs of home buying.
GET THE SCOOP ON THE MARKET
Prospective home buyers and sellers make your way to real estate boot camp Saturday, May 14th where you will learn how to make the right choices in today's housing market.
Experts say the local housing market will continue its trend upwards in coming months.
Saturday May 14, 2011
Long and Foster
8701 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20901
1:00 pm -3:00 pm
FREE SCOOPS OF SORBET!!!!!!!!!
Make a list of questions to ask the Realtor when you meet with him. Be sure to bring a pad of paper and pen so you can take notes. Some essential questions are:
- Do you have an active real estate license?
- Is real estate your full-time career?
- How much of your business comes from referrals?
- How long have you been working in the area?
- Do you live in the area? If so, how long?
- How long does it take your average client to sell their home (or find the right home, if they’re buying)?
- Are you a member of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)? MLS membership means you’ll have access to all the listings in the area, including pictures and descriptions.